I figured to make these posts less boring I would actually attempt to write at least a bit about a few of the workouts. Maybe you’ll be a bit interested in how they went and what I did wrong and right.
Total Distance: 120.87mi (11.99mi Running)
Total Climb: 11,949’ (1,493’ Running)
#1 [CFE Strength] - ME: Back Squat 3RM x 315#
- I finally got to work out with Angel, my Fiance. Got to show off for her for a bit. I kinda wanted to go for my 1RM but normally only Tuesdays and Fridays are my gym days. I didn’t want to crush myself, which I did of course.
#2 [CFE Strength & Conditioning] - On 1” for 12” of:
2 Deadlifts, 8x285#, 2x225#
- This was rough. I was going to try to make it through all 12 sets with 285# but my back couldn’t take it. it was great to workout with Angel, we were both dead afterwards. This week has been rough on my back starting with this WOD.
#3 [Cycling] - 14.59mi - 1:10:41 - Speed: 12.4mph - Climb: 515’
- This was a nice easy ride with my buddy, Zion P. He has a bit older bike but we love just going out and putting a few miles and chatting it up the entire time. I didn’t take and kind of fuel besides having Hammer Heed in my bottle. The only “kind of” issue is that Zion got a flat close to home and didn’t notice till we pulled up to my apartment.
#1 [Running] - 5.2mi - 1:03:06 - 12:08min/mi - 276’
- Had to go the bathroom from about 2 miles on. Don’t know why I just don’t stop at Home Depot on the way out. And then my HRM decided to just randomly fall off. it was a quirky run, but hey at least I got home.
#2 [Crossfit Football] -
Squat 3,3,3,2,2,1 x 290#, 3x1x305#
50 Evil Wheels
- After Lifting with my Fiance the day prior, my legs were already smoked. But I pushed through. I love heavy lifting but it reaolly destroys you. The 50 evil wheels were mostly done from my knees, killer back and ab workout.
#3 [CFE Strength & Conditioning] - 3RFT (13:25) of:
7 Power Cleans, 115#
- This wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be, but the power cleans were rough. Had to split them up a couple of times. Otherwise a lovely day at the Outdoor Lifting area.
#4 [PU,SU,PLU] - 80,73,24
- Did my sit ups on the GHD today. Yea, I’m repeating a day if I have to stop and rest. Had to do that today.
#1 [Cycling] - 22.02mi - 1:45:00 - 12.6mph
- Well besides popping two tires (inc. my nice puncture resistant tire), I had a good time. Was real fun on the downhill. My Garmin 910xt has still yet to upload this data, but I’ll just have to get over it.
#2 [PU,SU,PLU] - 98,50,11
- Injury Update: I decided to not do pull ups for a week. My right wrist/forearm/thumb is going numb just the second I jerk it on the pull up. I’m going to be using an Ice Cup on it for 5” in the morning and at night.
#1 [Officer PT] - Hike - 1.87mi - 50:26 - 26:57min/mi - 1,204’
- It was a nice relaxing hike. Trying to take it easy this morning because technically Thursday is my rest day and I have a long group ride tonight as well. Going up was definitely much harder than coming back down.
#2 [Group Ride] - Cycling - 24.06mi - 1:43:15 - 14mph - 1,780’
- This is the main reason I love cycling. The group rides are a blast. Zion came with me tonight and we really pushed it up the hill. Also I hit 39.7mph on the way down. My new top speed. I’m probably going on the longer group ride on Saturday. No issues with tires here. However my cheap light did fall off once, but I got it back.
#3 [PU,SU] - 120,50
- These just are rough right now.
#1 [Running] - 3.3mi - 28:35 - 8:35min/mi - 135’
- Awesome run, negative splits the whole time. No stomach issues here and really just a near perfect run the whole way.
#2 [PU,SU] - 103, 72
- I constantly remind myself; I get to do PU & SU.
#1 [Cycling] - 45.86mi - 2:55:13 - 15.7mph - 4,594’
- Did another group ride this morning. However to people like, Chris A. this group ride is drop ride meaning that you don’t have to wait to stick with the group. So I was up with the front pack rolling out and we got about 10 miles into the ride and then I slowed because Zion P. was with me and he was in the very back, like 3 minutes behind me. After he caught up we stayed with the “B” Group the whole time. It was a blast.
#2 [PU,SU] - 113,65
#1 [PU,SU] - 108,81
If you like the post; like or reblog it on Tumblr, pass it around on Facebook, or Tweet it on Twitter.
Also, if you have any questions about running, supplements or training please ask away.